We are like a big family.
- We want to exercise and train with people from Muskoka in an environment that is meant to be as much fun and social as it is about challenging yourself and getting physically active
- We want to do this in a sport where really, being the “best” at any of the three sports is no more advantageous than being “good” at all three
- We want to be a part of a club that is encouraging regardless of what level you are at, or what skills (if any) you come to the club with. Remember. Everyone starts somewhere, and if that means that you are a complete beginner, you have the most to gain and the most to celebrate when you achieve your accomplishments.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to join the club.
In fact, the TriMuskoka Triathlon Club loves it when someone stands up and says “I am going to do this!”, and starts off with us from scratch. But equally so, we love it if someone is physically active, and maybe even competitive to a certain degree, as these people equally have a lot to give back to the sport.
Whether you are a novice or an athlete with a number of years experience in endurance sport, being a member of TriMuskoka Triathlon Club offers you a number of benefits in our community and beyond. We are a community based club with volunteer coaches in each of the disciplines who have years of experience coaching individuals of every athletic level.
Who can join the club? The simple answer is anyone and everyone! An annual membership with TriMuskoka Triathlon Club is open to:
- Any individual who lives in our community
- Any seasonal visitors and cottagers who spend a considerable amount of time in Muskoka at some point during the year.
Not sure that you want to join yet? Well, try before you buy!
You have a free pass to any two sanctioned club workouts before you have to join. Our members have all been novices at some point, and many of them are in their first few years of the sport. If you want to get into the sport, you will not be alone and will be supported all along the way. If you have questions about training, send an email to our Training Director, and if you have questions about the club in general, send an email here.
Do you have any questions before you sign up?
Please contact our membership coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional membership inquiries.
Here are more details about what a TriMuskoka Club membership includes:
Regardless of whether you are a permanent resident, a cottager, or a visitor to our fine community, an annual TriMuskoka Triathlon Club membership is open to everyone.
As a member of TriMuskoka Triathlon Club, you have:
- Access to all of our club membership benefits
- Several local businesses support our club, and offer some sweet discounts and promotions exclusively offered to our club members.
- Take a peek at all of our membership benefits here
- Are you a business and want to reach out to our club members? Send us an email here!
- Access to all coached workouts: As a TriMuskoka member, you are able to attend all of our sanctioned club workouts that are led by NCCP certified triathlon coaches.
- During the winter we have sanctioned spin and track workouts, and unsanctioned swim and ski workouts.
- What is a sanctioned workout? Attending the sanctioned workouts means that the club, you and your gear are covered by Triathlon Ontario’s insurance policy (you must be a Triathlon Ontario member for this to apply, and this is mandatory as part of a TriMuskoka membership). The insurance policy covers you and the club should anything unfortunate happen to you during a sanctioned workout or event.
- What are the benefits to attending these workouts? It is challenging to coach yourself sometimes, especially if you are new to the sport. Coached workouts take the guess work out of training and trying to improve your fitness and your skill. Our coaches will help you in small groups and often one-on-one to improve.
- The goal of these scheduled workouts is to provide instructional guidance for all levels of skill, all levels of distances, in a relaxed and social environment that is collegial and supportive.
- Access to our online workout and social calendar: We use an online team management website called TeamSnap to manage our team. All of the workouts, events, statistics, and club daily activity are located on TeamSnap. Once you register as an active member with TriMuskoka, you will get an invite from our membership coordinator inviting you to join TeamSnap.
- Access to all club social events: TriMuskoka is very social, and we aim to have at least one social event every other month, sometimes affiliated with a workout, and sometimes just to hang out. We also have an end of year gathering where everyone’s accomplishments and efforts are celebrated. Accomplishments should be celebrated by everyone, so that is why members and non-members alike are invited to join in on our social events.
- Access to club clothing and swag: Every year, our club has training, racing and social gear available for sale. Our clothing comes from Roots, Champion Systems racing gear, and Sauce headwear.
- Access to local deals from our great club sponsors: Our members also benefit from discounts and offers at a number of our club partners and sponsors. The benefits range from fitness testing, or discounts on any equipment or nutrition that you need. These benefits are in our “Members Area” which you will get access to once you join our club.
- Access to a great group of people: We are a fun and supportive group of people who enjoy the social aspect of the sport as much as the physical challenges that the sport presents.
- We encourage people to join the club to experience this sport that is so central to our community.
- All of the benefits of being a member of Triathlon Ontario
- This includes an annual subscription to Triathlon Canada Magazine (has great training tips, recipes, information about gear and equipment)
- Discounts on clinics and courses that Triathlon Ontario offers
- Discounts with Triathlon Ontario partners: Flying Monkey bike fits (25% off), Flying Monkey bike store purchases (10% off), and nutritional products by Infinit Nutrition (20% off)
Interested in joining our club? Want to renew your membership? Follow these two easy steps:
Step 1: Register for TriMuskoka Triathlon Club:
- Click on this link to go to our TriMuskoka Triathlon Club Membership
- Follow the online instructions. You will have to create a CCN account if you don’t have one already.
- If you do not have a current Triathlon Ontario number, you will be prompted to register with Triathlon Ontario
- The cost of this is $52 if you are a member of TriMuskoka ($10 discount)
- What does a Triathlon Ontario Membership get you? Why is it a good idea regardless of whether you are racing or not? Click here to see the benefits. The magazine subscription alone is worth the Triathlon Ontario fee. If you decide to do a race, then you don’t have to pay the one day race fees, and you will be able to come out to all of our workouts!
Step 2: Register and review your profile on TeamSnap:
- TeamSnap is the online coaching calendar that we use to keep you informed.
- Step A: After you complete your TriMuskoka Membership, you will receive a TeamSnap invitation in your email box. Click the link and register for TeamSnap – it will log you into the TriMuskoka TeamSnap page
- Step B: If you do not already have the TeamSnap app, download the app (available for both Android and Apple devices) by clicking here.
- Step C: On your mobile device, open the app and log in (if you haven’t already). Select the TriMuskoka Triathlon Club, and complete the “New Players” page. Then click on “My Preferences”.
- Set “Schedule Reminders” for email to “Games and Events” if it hasn’t already been selected
- Set “Mobile Notifications” for “Alerts and Schedule Updates” and “Team Chat Messages”. This will also allow the club managers to alert you of upcoming workouts as well as group instant messaging, which may include last minute changes in locations of workouts or cancellations of a workout due to poor weather.
- Important: When you set up your profile on the New Player page, please select Add Another Phone Number under the Phone Numbers block. Enter your emergency contact’s phone number. For the Label, enter “Emergency Contact”.
Step 3: Sign up for our social media groups to stay in touch and keep it fun
- The TriMuskoka Triathlon Club Facebook Group: This is a closed group, which means that you will have to request to join the group. It is not our primary mode of communicating about workouts, but it is a great way to share our experiences, information, tips, and find out about events. Join our TriMuskoka Club Facebook page at //www.facebook.com/groups/379992972116340
- Strava…virtually training together and keeping each other motivated This awesome online social fitness community and iphone/android app is a great asset to our club. It encourages us to get out there, try our very best, and see if we can be better than we were the last time we swam/biked/ran a particular route. Have a particular rival(s)? Then use Strava to see if you can edge them off of the leader board? Who cares if you aren’t the fastest, just as long as you were faster than the last time you went out. Find that motivation to train, share and compare your performances with your friends (and not necessarily the whole world)