The 2017 Indoor Triathlon has come and gone…time to be outside now! We have yet to announce our date for the 2018 rendition, but please follow us on Facebook to keep up to date for when we launch the date for our 2018 Winter Indoor Triathlon!
As a way of inspiring and engaging our local community in physical activity, and a sport that is so central to our region, TriMuskoka will be hosting the 1st annual Winter Indoor Triathlon Classic that promises to be as much fun as it will be challenging for individuals of all abilities.
The three legs of the Winter Classic are short enough that people will be able to complete the race and be just long enough that participants will be proud of their accomplishments. Think of this event as that much needed mid-winter carrot to keep yourself active over the course of the winter, so that when spring rolls around, you are rip roaring ready to go for what activities lie ahead of you.
Similar to our TriMuskokan Short Course Triathlon and Try-a-Tri, the focus is on creating a fun and memorable event experience that makes you wanting to provide participants with a challenge, and will leave them with a tremendous sense of accomplishment when they are done.
What Is The Format of the TriMuskoka Indoor Triathlon Winter Classic
The Winter Indoor Classic will take place on February 11th, 2017 at the Canada Summit Centre. The triathlon will consist of:
- Swim: A 15 minute swim in a 25m pool (two people per lane)
- Bike: A 30 minute bike on a stationary bike
- Run: A 20 minute run or walk around the indoor track, with a couple of stair segments to add some Muskoka hills into the event
- The Scoring System: Race volunteers record the total distance covered during your swim, bike and run. The more distance you cover, the higher your score. The higher your score, the closer you are to the podium!
Each of the legs will be separated by a 5 minute transition period that will give you time to change (if required) and make your way to the next leg of the event.
After the Winter Classic, refreshments and a snack will be provided to participants along with their finishers swag!
What Happens After The Event
Hold on…what about the prizes, trophies, and celebrations? Well, given that this is a fun event, the fun will continue on into the afternoon with an afternoon at Ontario Pioneer Camp. At OPC, participants and their families will be able to enjoy some great outdoor winter activities including tubing, broomball, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and a lot more. At 5pm, everyone will gather in the dining hall for celebrations, awards, and a home cooked meal.
How Do I Register?
Registration will include a commemorative bib, race swag, post race snack, an afternoon of fun out at Ontario Pioneer Camp, and a home cooked dinner. Maybe even a prize and an award might be in store!
You can register online by simply clicking the button below
The cost for participation is:
- Youth 13 years old to 18 years old: $5
- Adults 19 years old and over:
- TriMuskoka Members: $25
- Want to join TriMuskoka? Learn more about our club here. An off season membership is only $25!
- If you join TriMuskoka on race day, we will give you $5 back.
- Non-TriMuskoka Members: $30
- TriMuskoka Members: $25
- Dinner at Ontario Pioneer Camp for non-participants: $10
Insurance and Coverage:
- For those who do not have an active Triathlon Ontario membership, there will be a $6 one day membership fee when you register for the event.
- However, consider joining Triathlon Ontario for $10. Starting in October, you can get a $10 off season membership which provide you with a bi-monthly magazine subscription to Triathlon Canada Magazine (great magazine with lots of tips and information) along with a number of other benefits you can read about on the Triathlon Ontario website all winter from October to March 31st.
Do You Want To Volunteer For The Event?
Yes, this event needs volunteers too! Get some great swag, enjoy the post event celebrations and fun at Ontario Pioneer Camp, and get inspired to do the event next year all at the same time! Email our Race Director at leslieannehall(at)gmail.com and she will point you in the right direction!