Who is ready for some mid winter fun that will chase away those February blahs?
As a way of inspiring and engaging our local community in physical activity, and a sport that is so central to our region, TriMuskoka will be hosting the 2nd annual Winter Indoor Triathlon Classic that promises to be as much fun as it will be challenging for individuals of all abilities.
The three legs of the Winter Classic are short enough that people will be able to complete the race and be just long enough that participants will be proud of their accomplishments. Think of this event as that much needed mid-winter carrot to keep yourself active over the course of the winter, so that when spring rolls around, you are rip roaring ready to go for what activities lie ahead of you.
Similar to our TriMuskokan Short Course Triathlon and Try-a-Tri, the focus is on creating a fun and memorable event experience that makes you wanting to provide participants with a challenge, and will leave them with a tremendous sense of accomplishment when they are done.
What Is The Format of the TriMuskoka Indoor Triathlon Winter Classic
The Winter Indoor Classic will take place on Sunday February 25th, 2018 at the Canada Summit Centre. The triathlon will consist of:
- Swim: A 15 minute swim in a 25m pool (two people per lane)
- Bike: A 15 minute bike on a stationary bike
- Run: A 15 minute run or walk around the indoor track, with a couple of stair segments to add some Muskoka hills into the event
- The Scoring System: Race volunteers record the total distance covered during your swim, bike and run. The more distance you cover, the higher your score. The higher your score, the closer you are to the podium!
Each of the legs will be separated by a 5 minute transition period that will give you time to change (if required) and make your way to the next leg of the event.
After the Winter Classic, refreshments and a snack will be provided to participants along with their finishers swag!
Want to a better visual about the event? Take a peek at the photos from last year and watch the pre-race athlete video that walks you through the event step by step:
What Happens After The Event
Hold on…what about the prizes, trophies, and celebrations? Well, given that this is a fun event, the fun will continue on into the afternoon with an afternoon at Camp Tawingo. At Camp Tawingo, participants and their families will be able to enjoy some great outdoor winter activities including tubing and sledding down the infamous Tawingo hill, broomball, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, campfires with marshmallows and hot chocolate, and a lot more.
How Do I Register?
Registration will include a commemorative bib, race swag, post race snack, an afternoon of fun in the snow out at Camp Tawingo, and a home cooked meal.
You can register online by simply clicking the button below
The cost for participation is:
- Youth 13 years old to 18 years old: $20
- Adults 19 years old and over:
- TriMuskoka Members: $35
- Want to join TriMuskoka? Learn more about our club here. An off season membership is only $25!
- Non-TriMuskoka Members: $40
- TriMuskoka Members: $35
- IMPORTANT – Adult and Youth Registration fees increased by $5 on February 1st. Unfortunately we won’t be able to return your money if you can’t make it to the event.
Special registration notes:
- Want your family, friends, or partners to come to Camp Tawingo? No problem, the more the merrier! The cost for coming to Camp Tawingo for non participants is $10 each.
- Want to race in the same wave as someone? Requests to be placed in the same wave will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Registrations after February 15th will be less likely to be accommodated as we will have participants allocated into wave by this point.
- Registration closes on February 24th at 8:00 a.m.
Insurance and Coverage:
- For those who do not have an active Triathlon Ontario membership, there will be a one day membership fee ($4 for adults, $2 for youth) that is required when you register for the event. This will appear in your cart on checkout at the end of registration.
Do You Want To Volunteer For The Event?
Yes, this event needs volunteers too! Get some great swag, enjoy the post event celebrations and fun at Ontario Pioneer Camp, and get inspired to do the event next year all at the same time! Email our Race Director at khabermehl(at)live. a and she will point you in the right direction!