At this year-round park in the heart of Muskoka, hike or bicycle on trails that wander through maple forests and past waterfalls, beaver ponds and homesteaders farms. Quiet Arrowhead and Mayflower Lakes, and the meandering Little and Big East Rivers, are ideal for paddling, fishing and swimming.
Here are some of the great things about Arrowhead Provincial Park:
- They have large, treed and private campsites in the heart of Muskoka
- There are three sand beaches on Arrowhead Lake
- All of the lakes are quiet and motorboat-free
- There are 15 km of hiking trails; including a trail leading to a waterfall
- Look back at our local history as there are remains of old homesteads from the 1870’s
- They rent canoes, kayaks and mountain bikes during the summer season; skis, snowshoes and ice skate rentals during the winter
- As much as it is known for summer, it is well-known for winter activities; they have a fantastic skating trail, an awesome tubing hill, and the areas best cross country ski trails that are groomed and track set
Reservations can be obtained on the Ontario Provincial Park reservation website.