Endurance Sports Medicine Course

logo_CASEM_Acronym-150

The CASEM Summer Endurance Sport Medicine Course is back and this time we are holding the course immediately prior to the new Ironman® Muskoka event in Huntsville starting at noon on Thursday 27th August and ending at 5pm on August 28th – we also encourage participants to stay on and volunteer for (or participate in) the Ironman race – this is the ONLY Ironman in Ontario and only the third in Canada – this course will provide a great opportunity to increase knowledge on the issues pertinent to endurance athletes and their care by reviewing the latest science regarding sports and exercise, as well as common sports related injuries and illness.   For 2015, we have also added a mental health component – as the great endurance athlete Ray Zahab noted, completing and participating in an endurance events –“limitations are 90% mental and the other 10% are in your head”. In addition to the course, attendees also have the option to earn additional CME credits by volunteering in the Ironman® Medical Tent on race day.

In addition to CASEM members, this one and a half day course is open to physicians in the fields of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, PM&R, Orthopedics and others who care for athletes or engage in regular athletic activity, as well as Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Exercise Scientists.

 For those of you volunteering in the medical tent at Ironman® Muskoka, we have arranged for a preferred registration rate (see online registration form for details).

For more information and to register, visit:

http://casem-acmse.org/event/casem-endurance-sport-medicine-course/