What is the MSCLE Project?
- promote physical activity and enhance the health and well being of our community as a whole
- be accessible to everyone
- have a lasting effect and ongoing presence in the community rather than a one off event
- be fun
- be something that young and old, women and men, families, permanent residents and visiting tourists can utilize, and
- incorporate with the beauty and ruggedness of our area
So, in 2019, we have established The MSCLE Project that will address all of these areas. The result of this multi-phase project will see the installation of open air fitness stations in central and easily accessible locations. A phased in approach will be used and over time there will be:
- stand alone park bench fitness stations
- body weight open air plyometric and calisthenic gyms
- a pakour style obstacle course that will be fun and challenging for everyone
- aerobic workouts that will link all of these together
The total cost of the project will be between $250,000 to $350,000. Funding for this will primarily be through fundraising in our community. Corporate partnerships and government grants will be a bonus and just help us realize our goals sooner.
Here are some sample pictures of what the final project elements will look like (subject to change obviously based on space that is allocated for these elements).