What is the MSCLE Project?
- promote physical activity and enhance the health and well being of our community as a whole
- be accessible to everyone
- have a lasting effect and ongoing presence in the community rather than a one off event
- be fun
- be something that young and old, women and men, families, permanent residents and visiting tourists can utilize, and
- incorporate with the beauty and ruggedness of our area
So, in 2019, we have established The MSCLE Project that will address all of these areas. The result of this multi-phase project will see the installation of open air fitness stations in central and easily accessible locations. A phased in approach will be used and over time there will be:
- stand alone park bench fitness stations
- body weight open air plyometric and calisthenic gyms
- a pakour style obstacle course that will be fun and challenging for everyone
- aerobic workouts that will link all of these together
The total cost of project will be between $350,000 to $500,000. But if all goes well, we will continue to install these fitness parks around the community to hopefully come up with a “fitness trail” that connects our community from one end to the other.
Funding for this will primarily be through the profits from the TriMuskokan, as well as other funding opportunities that exist within our community. However, we will be looking for local and corporate business support, as well as government grants, which will just help us realize our goals sooner.
What are people saying about this project? Take a read here:
- On Metroland Media’s website in August of 2019
Here are some sample pictures of what the final project elements will look like (subject to change obviously based on space that is allocated for these elements).